Sunday, October 28, 2007

questionnaire

this is an exercise for those of you who know me, in getting feedback and dialogue on what my next steps for work might be. i found it on a gay lawyer's blog from which i've directly lifted the questions, for now.

i don't know if this idea is good or bad for me, but if it has some merit, i'll revise and tailor it to make some conclusive use of it. of course, i can answer these questions for myself, but i was curious what people who know me have to say. it's put in this format so as to solicit direct and constructive response. there's nothing wrong with stating what my limitations or weaknesses are because everyone has them - they don't make me a stupid or rotten person. listing them simply helps me to focus on which of those issues can be improved, and which of those are perhaps a mismatch and from which i should redirect my energies:

* What are three things I do really well?
* What are three things I don’t do so well?
* Based on what you know about me, what job or experience have I liked the best in the past?
* Based on what you know about me, what job or experience have I liked the least?
* What are three things you can imagine me doing?
* What’s something you can’t really imagine me doing?
* How do I get in my own way?

if these questions help, i'll expand on them to include more specific ones relevant to particular choices i've been mulling over; or to make certain i'm not idealizing a new direction. the point is that i stop isolating myself in all these different aspects of my life. the point is to open myself up for discussion, as well as to expose myself to people to think whatever they're going to think about me and for me to get over it.

No comments: